Surveying site for re-development, installing new shop fronts and electro/mechanical, operating equipment some roller shutter & Gate Automation, Installing & commissioning automatic doors, gate operating equip. Working with electronic low voltage operators, motor/gearboxes and digital control panels and Access Control Products.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2021
£218.40 – £418.56
To be discussed at interview stage
Total hours per week: 48.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
20 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Automatic Door Installer & Service Engineer Apprenticeship.
Key Skills you will learn:
- Problem solving
- Experience of majority of manufactures
- Fault finding
- Customer relationships
- Time keeping
- First fixes
- Extended knowledge of programmers
- British standard certified – 5 years min
- Step ladder trained
- Manual handling trained
- Site safety awareness trained CSCS
- Asbestos Training Awareness
- Surveying site for re-development, installing new shop fronts, electro/mechanical operating equipment some roller shutter & Gate Automation
- Installing & commissioning automatic doors, gate operating equipment and access control systems to BS & EN
- The servicing, repair and routine maintenance working with electronic low voltage operators, motor/gearboxes and digital control panels and Access Control Products (Fob Readers Digi Pads Finger Print Readers etc.)
Must be able to work well as a member of any team and who can work independently using own initiative and thrive on challenges.
UK wide installs. Involves some nights away from home. Small amount of weekend working paid at double day rate. All meals hotels paid whilst working away.
- BS 70326 or EN16005 Minimum (Essential)
- CSCS (Essential)
Clean Driving Licence is essential due to the nature of the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to read technical drawings
- Use Power & Appropriate Hand Tools
- Ability and keenness to learn new skills
- Able to use software application such as Excel spreadsheets, Word, e-mails
- Read Drawing and use of drawing packages
- Attention to Detail
- Complete Tasks
- Appropriate feedback to Managers
- Use own initiative
- Work with colleagues and customers in a Positive way
- Achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- Taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
The apprenticeship can lead to senior engineer, supervisor and can lead to higher management roles for the future.
Things to consider
Required to Lift door operators, aluminium sections, working with hands and arms above head height, so be physically fit.
Some nights away from home and out of hours working.
Driving long distances sometimes.
Finishing works before leaving the site can sometimes lead to long hours in order to complete work for security of building.