Founded in 1552, King Edward’s School is part of the Foundation of the Schools of King Edward VI in Birmingham.
Automatic Access Limited installed automatic doors to an entrance within the school’s premises.
The existing doors were high quality wooden doors with an arched top: the school wanted a secure access-controlled door to prevent unauthorised access. We installed aluminium, glazed, bi- parting doors with electric locking that can only be operated by authorised users to gain access.
We removed the wooden doors and cut and welded an aluminium arch for the new installation. Together with the newly fabricated arch, automatic bi-parting doors and frames were fitted to create the perfect results.
The doors were a resounding success and the school asked for a further set for the girl’s school sports centre, where we fitted bi-parting automatic doors with glazed side screens.